The word probiotic literally means to promote life. The term is now used to describe living microorganisms in the intestines that have positive health effects on an individual. An adult has approximately three pounds of bacteria inside their intestines. We have far more bacterial cells inside and on the outside of our body than we have human cells. This may sound alarming but these bacteria are critical for our good health, and they are particularly important for healthy immune function.
There are around 500 different species of bacteria in the intestines and new species are continually being discovered. The types of bacteria in your intestines, and their quantities, have a profound effect on your health. Good bacteria are anti-inflammatory, whereas bad bacteria secrete highly inflammatory substances into the gut. Having high levels of bad gut bacteria puts an enormous strain on your immune system and hugely increases the amount of inflammation and tissue destruction occurring in your body. Dysbiosis is the term used to describe a bad balance of bugs in your gut (too many unhealthy bacteria and not enough good bacteria).
A good probiotic supplement will help to correct the imbalance of bacteria in your intestines and will do wonders to reduce inflammation and help your immune system. It will also help to heal a leaky gut (excessively permeable intestinal lining). Eating yogurt is helpful but it must be unflavored and sugar free and still is not the most effective way to take a probiotic. In order to get the right quantity and the right strains of bacteria, you will need to take a probiotic supplement in capsule or powder form. Another excellent way to increase the healthy bacteria in your intestines is to regularly consume fermented foods.
Factors that increase levels of pathological (unhealthy disease causing) bacteria in the gut include:
- Poor dietary choices – especially excess sugar/alcohol Food intolerances and food allergies
- Gastrointestinal infections from contaminated foods and water
- Medications – especially antibiotics, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs and antacid drugs
Benefits of probiotics include:
- Digesting certain types of fiber, starches and sugars. The friendly bacteria in your digestive tract convert these substances into a source of energy and various acids which help to keep the bowel walls healthy. Food for good bacteria is called a prebiotic.
- Producing vitamins and eliminating toxins. Probiotics manufacture some vitamin K and improve your ability to absorb minerals. They also aid in the metabolism and the breakdown of toxins.
- Keeping bad bacteria under control. The helpful bacteria produce a substance that kills harmful microbes. It is literally a competition for space inside your digestive tract; the more good bacteria you have, the less room will be available for bad bacteria.
- Improving the integrity of the gut lining. Leaky gut syndrome, or an excessively permeable intestinal lining, is an extremely common condition and is often present in individuals with allergies and autoimmune disease.
- Preventing allergies. Good bacteria teach your immune system to distinguish between disease causing microbes and non-harmful antigens (such as foods), and to respond appropriately. This helps to prevent your immune system from over reacting to harmless substances such as proteins, thereby reducing your risk of allergies.
- An enormous amount of research has shown that improving the composition of bacteria in your bowel greatly reduces your risk of eczema, asthma, hay fever, sinusitis and other allergic conditions.
- Help to support regular bowel motions and reduce the incidence of constipation.
- Supporting the immune cells inside your digestive tract. Approximately 70 to 80 percent of the immune cells inside your body are in your digestive tract. Good bacteria play a crucial role in the operation of the immune system and also help your immune cells to produce antibodies against disease causing microbes. Probiotics are beneficial for T regulatory cells, which are white blood cells that regulate the immune system and prevent excessive inflammation.
- Reduce the risk of vaginal infections. The composition of flora in your bowel directly determines the composition of your vaginal flora. Probiotics reduce the risk of bacterial infections in the vagina (bacterial vaginosis).
- Help to support a healthy body weight. It has recently been discovered that having high levels of good bacteria in your intestines makes it easier to lose weight and keep it off, whereas bad gut bacteria increases your risk of Syndrome X and type 2 diabetes.
Each Capsule contains 25 billion Organisms of FloraTone10 Proprietary Blend.
Proprietary Blend contains:
B.Longum, L. Rhamnosus, L. Paracasei, L. Acidophilus, B. Lactis, L. Casei, L. Plantarum, L. Salivarius, B. Breve, S. Thermophilus.
Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei.
Lactobacilli are part of the lactic acid bacteria group, meaning most of the strains convert lactose and other sugars to lactic acid, thus creating an acidic environment, which inhibits the growth of some harmful bacteria.
L. rhamnosus has been found to quickly colonize and protect the small and large intestine against toxins. It is beneficial in the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infections and is among the strains most effective in balancing vaginal flora as well.
L. rhamnosus has been shown to inhibit the growth of pathogens, such as candida albicans and escherichia coli. Bacteriologists, note that L. rhamnosus exhibits fascinating immunological properties and may help to prevent tumor formation. Other studies have shown L rhamnosus boosts the destruction of foreign invaders and other harmful matter by three times normal activity, making it one of the most important of the lactobacilli strains.
Bifidobacteria: Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium breve. Bifidobacteria are particularly known for producing high degrees of the byproducts that act as a barrier against dangerous bacteria.
Streptococcus Thermophilis: S. thermophilis, is a microorganism which produces a number of antibiotic-like substances aiding the body in its ongoing fight against disease-causing microbes.
Other Ingredients: Cellulose Powder, Cellulose (capsule), FOS (Fructooligosaccharides), Ascorbyl Palmitate and Silica.
This product is formulated to deliver a potency of 25 Billion Organisms through the Best By date.
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nuts ingredients.
REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING TO HELP MAINTAIN POTENCY
How to Take:
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule 1 to 2 times daily between meals or on an empty stomach.
FloraTone10 is suitable for men, women and children. If your child is under the age of eight, please use with practioner's advice.