Magnesium is an amazing miracle mineral, involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. It is required for energy production, muscle and nerve function, blood pressure regulation, bone strength and much more. Magnesium is so vital for maintaining overall health. Modern day diets can tend to be deficient in magnesium due to poor mineral content in the soil, and food processing. This is where a good quality magnesium supplement could come in handy, to support these vital processes in the body.
What makes our magnesium so unique and superior to other brands?
- Each teaspoon provides a massive 400mg of elemental magnesium- This provides you with the daily therapeutic dose of magnesium in only one teaspoon.
- We have combined 4 different forms of magnesium in this powder to optimise absorption and utilization by the body.
- Powder formulation to further improve absorption.
- Added taurine to assist in calming the nervous system.
- It is free from calcium. Magnesium helps the muscles relax, whilst calcium has the opposite effect (contraction). This is not what you want when you’re trying to relax!
- Free from any artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, yeast, gluten or sugar.
- Carefully formulated by a team of medical doctors and naturopaths
What are the benefits of Magnesium Ultrapotent?
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion. Added zinc which is required for the production of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) which help to stabilize mood.
- Headache/ migraine management: Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches or migraines by reducing blood vessel constriction and spasms in your head. Magnesium could be used to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines. Added selenium could help to decrease inflammation associated with headaches.
- Decreased muscle cramps: Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep: As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep. Added taurine also helps to calm the nervous system for a better sleep.
- Blood sugar stabilisation: Magnesium plays an important role in glucose metabolism. It assists with insulin release and glucose transport for energy use. It could be beneficial for those with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
- Improved mood: Inadequate levels of magnesium in the body can reduce levels of serotonin- the happy hormone. Increasing magnesium levels could help to improve overall mood.
- Healthy bowel motions: As magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxant, it can be beneficial in cases of constipation. Magnesium could help to relax the bowel to for easier passing.
- Normalising blood pressure: Magnesium can help to relax the walls of the arteries, allowing the blood to flow more freely. It also helps to reduce stress, which is a risk factor for high blood pressure. A number of studies have found a relationship between low levels of magnesium and high blood pressure.
- Improved energy: Magnesium plays a vital role in the energy production pathway. Depleted magnesium stores could contribute to symptoms of low energy.
- Bone strength: A large percentage of magnesium is stored in the bones, and studies have found that magnesium deficiency is associated with decrease bone density and increased risk of fracture. Magnesium could help to maintain healthy bones.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Older age
- Gastrointestinal inflammation or disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Frequent exercise
- Alcohol dependence
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Chronic constipation
- High blood pressure
- High stress or anxiety
Take 1-2 tablets, once or twice daily.
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- Results noticed very quickly
Always get good quality sleep when I take this supplement. Also notice my muscles relax. I have suffered with ME for 15 years now with sleep deprivation being one of the worse things to cope with - just wish I had known about this sooner.
- Fabulous, simple and easy to combine into juices
I know I am getting benefit from this as my legs are not tired, I am not getting up to the loo at all hours of the night and I have almost zero leg aches and cramps.
- This magnesium works
I have tried lots of magnesium tablets and have not noticed any benefit, however the Magnesium Ultra Potent powder I noted a real benefit.
- Couldn't tell a difference
Couldn't tell a difference
- easy to take tast good does the job!
somethimes I take it in my water when i wake up in the middle of the night. It helps me relax and go back to sleep yet I never feel tired the next day
- I love this stuff!!
I use it daily and fully believe it does what it is supposed to do for me!
The instructions on dosage is not in tsp or T language so I had to convert the US
- Combination of ingredients redundant, but a quality product.
I will not be reordering, despite the fact that I like the taste and the bioavailability. I get most of the ingredients from other sources, and prefer simple magnesium capsules.
- I think it has improved my digestive system.
I use it daily and believe it has contributed to my regularity.
Disclaimer: Liverdoctor.com does not imply any medical claims from this review.